Clarity is the name of the Independent Hostels Booking system.
Developed for accommodation in the network and never charging commission, Clarity is a full booking system that works seamlessly on your own website and the Independent Hostels site.
Clarity takes bookings by the bed, by the room, and for the exclusive hire of the whole property.
- It smoothly closes off options that use the same accommodation (Split Inventory). So you can sell a room as a twin room, a family room, by the bed, or part of the exclusive hire of the whole hostel.
- You can choose selling format by date. So you can sell Exclusive Hire Only for chosen dates and at other times you can keep all options open, knowing that Clarity will seamlessly close off availability to ensure there is no risk of double bookings.
- You can set prices for each room/building. Or set a price based on the number of people, with minimum values to ensure the booking is always worth your while.
- You can give discounts for longer stays, charge extra for the first night, or set up “4 for the price of 3” style offers.
You stay in control.
- You can choose to view and approve bookings before they are taken, or allow immediate online booking.
- Clarity provides clear setup and edit options, ensuring that all aspects of the booking system are in your control.
Based on years of feedback from hostel and bunkhouse owners, Clarity is the ideal booking system for hostel-style accommodation looking for direct bookings.
Channel management is not part of the plan (although one-way integration with Airbnb is possible). We recommend freetobook and cloudbeds for hostels that need this function. Or if you want to explore the market more, you can find details of all the booking systems used in the network here.
Planned Future developments:-
- The ability to take online payments using Stripe is under development.
- Display of prices and availability on Google Hotel Search will be launched soon.
- We are looking at the options for exporting data to financial packages.
- We have received grant funding from the UK Shared Prosperity Fund to develop a unique tool that releases future availability in different configurations as the date of stay gets closer. This cascade function will revolutionise hostel bookings, allowing you to give priority to group bookings while automatically releasing unfilled dates to smaller groups and individuals. This will be available from May 2024.
If you would like to find out more about using Clarity for bookings at your hostel or bunkhouse get in touch with [email protected] or call 01629 580427.
Here are some handy help-tutorials
If Clarity is a bit more than you need!
But you still want to show your availability online (On your website and on ours). Our simple calendar might be just the ticket.
The development of this booking system has been part-funded by the UK Government as part of the Community Renewal Scheme.