The Woodlands building has level access throughout, wide doorways, hoists, shower trolley and adjustable heights sinks.
Thornbirdge Outdoors has an accessible building called Woodlands that has the following accessible features:
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system (maximum weight 200kg) with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, Chiltern Invadex TRT3 shower trolley (maximum weight 190kg), adjustable height sink, toilet with grab rails and emergency pull cord
- Etac Clean shower commode chair & belt
- Casa Lift 180E electric mobile hoist (maximum weight 180kg)
- Invacare Accent single profiling bed (maximum weight 145kg) with a Countrywide Healthcare Picara low risk polyurethane foam mattress
- Emergency pull cord in the accessible bedroom
- Accessible outside toilet
- Disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Woodlands at the Thornbridge Centre in the Peak District, caters for groups which include those with additional needs. It stand in mature woodland and has rural views. Sleeping up to 10 people in two rooms with a large flexible main room which can be a living and dining room, a bedroom, or a meeting room for up to 12 people. There are kitchen facilities, an enclosed decking and patio area with seating and 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player. The building has a sustainable build with natural materials, excellent insulation, ground source heat and a water catchment system for watering the garden.
Find out more about Thornbridge Outdoors