Always keeping the environment in mind, Deepdale has the Gold Green Tourism Award and Gold David Bellamy Award.
- They use eco friendly cleaning materials across the whole business.
- They provide recycling facilities for guests and commission promotional products, like frisbees, made from recycled materials.
- The majority of hot water comes from solar thermal panels and two large arrays of roof mounted solar PV produce most of the electricity for the site.
- A lot of time has been spent planting hedges and trees, to produce great habitats for wildlife and reduce the impact both visually and chemically of the hostel and campsite.
- The farm runs conservation weekends and other green activities to help teach the guests about their impact and how to manage it.