Stableside York, Stableside, York Racing Stables, York, YO24 1QG
Call Fay on 01904 709174
Yorkshire Value AccommodationStableside is proud to be a 4 Star rated hostel within the historic and beautiful city of York. Guests are afforded a true Yorkshire welcome and can take advantage of easy access by road, rail, bus and bike. Guests can take advantage of our free car and coach parking, free WiFi and secure, spacious and self contained location with landscaped gardens. We offer a variety of room options and can cater for all from the single traveller to larger hobby groups. There's a spacious dining room with cafeteria style seating up to 100 and a large lounge on the first floor suitable for conferences. A sports field adjoins the complex and the centre lies on the NCN Route 65 which gives traffic free access into the centre of town. Stableside has secure bike storage. Meals can be provided for groups, B&B (full English breakfast), D,B&B and full board packages available. From the quality of our breakfasts to the warmth of our welcome Stableside is an ideal base to visit York and the surrounding county.
Beds & Rooms:100: 2x6, 21x4, 8 x triple, 1 x twin, 11 x single.
Open:All year (except during race meetings). All day.
Price per night:B&B twin room £90 inc towels. Enquire for group rates.
Booking:Booking essential, by phone or email.
Directions:Situated on the right hand side of the A1036 Tadcaster Road as you head towards York city centre, opposite the Fox & Roman pub.
- Trains: 20 min walk. City centre buses every 10 mins.
- Long Distance Walks Cathedral Cycle Route
Close to a Pub Dog Friendly Individuals welcome School Groups Accommodation for Cyclists Breakfast Evening Meals Large Hostels
MapView Nearby Hostels
Stableside York: Your base for a weekend of historical fun.
September 12th 2023
Welcome to Stableside York, your home away from home located perfectly between the city of York and the countryside of Yorkshire. Stableside is your gateway to all the wonders that York and its surroundings have to offer. Rated 4 stars, Stableside prides itself on offering a warm Yorkshire welcome and a comfortable stay for all guests. Whether you’re travelling solo or with a group, they have a variety of room options to suit your needs.
One of the key advantages of staying at Stableside is our unbeatable location. Situated within easy reach of York’s city centre, they are accessible by road, rail, bus, and even bike. For those arriving by car or coach, worry not; they provide free parking facilities on the premises. Our secure bike storage makes us an ideal choice for cycling enthusiasts exploring the region via the National Cycle Network (NCN) Route 65, which offers traffic-free access to the heart of York.
At Stableside, we offer a host of amenities to make your stay memorable. Here are some of the highlights:
- Free WiFi: Stay connected with friends and family or catch up on work with our complimentary high-speed internet access.
- Landscaped Gardens: Take a leisurely stroll in our landscaped gardens, perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration.
- Spacious Dining Room: Our dining room can seat up to 100 guests, offering a cafeteria-style dining experience. Enjoy hearty meals and local cuisine prepared with care.
- Large Lounge: If you’re here for business or conferences, our first-floor lounge is a suitable space for your meetings and events.
- Sports Field: Adjacent to our complex, our sports field is great for a quick game of soccer or other outdoor activities.
Exploring York and Beyond
When you choose Stableside as your base, you’re not just booking a room; you’re gaining access to the rich history, culture, and natural beauty of York and its surroundings. Here are five things you can do in the local area:
- York Minster: Visit the iconic York Minster, one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Europe. Explore its stunning architecture, climb to the top for panoramic views, and learn about its fascinating history.
- York City Walls: Take a leisurely stroll along the well-preserved medieval city walls, which offer a unique perspective of the city and its historical landmarks.
- National Railway Museum: Delve into the history of trains and locomotives at the National Railway Museum. It’s a fascinating journey through time for all ages.
- York Castle Museum: Immerse yourself in the past at the York Castle Museum, where interactive exhibits and reconstructed historical streets bring history to life.
- Yorkshire Dales and Moors: Venture beyond the city to explore the breathtaking Yorkshire Dales and Moors. Hike, cycle, or simply enjoy the stunning natural landscapes that this region has to offer.
A Holiday by bike in Historic York
January 17th 2019
Stableside right on Route 65 of the Sustran’s Cycle Network in York
Stableside in York provides private room accommodation on Route 65 of the National Cycle Network, a few minutes rider from the city walls. Situated on the Race Course the accommodation is available to individuals, families, small groups and large groups. With beds for up to 133 people and room sizes varying from single rooms to six beds. Stableside has secure cycle storage and a drying room in case you get caught out in the rain. York is a great city for cyclists with off road cycle routes cris-crossing the city and dedicated river crossings for cyclists. A great location for a holiday with you bike.