Rhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre, The Old School, Rhyd Ddu, Snowdonia, Gwynedd, North Wales LL54 6TL
Call Rob on 01286 882688
Snowdonia bunkhouse close to Mount SnowdonRhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre & Bunkhouse provides group accommodation in the village of Rhyd Ddu at the foot of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon) in the Eryri (Snowdonia) National Park. It is an historic old school house and was the birthplace of T.H. Parry-Williams, one Wales' most famous poets.
Rhyd Ddu bunkhouse sleeps 30 in 6 bedrooms, it has a fully equipped kitchen and a large communal dining room which is equipped with a ceiling-mounted projector and sound system, great for cosy home-cinema nights. There are glorious panoramic views, central heating, hot showers, free fast WiFi, secure outside storage, plenty of parking and a garden with seating. The beds are sturdy metal framed bunk beds with comfortable mattresses and pillows. Guests should bring their own sleeping bag, pillow case and towel. The bunkhouse has disabled access, no stairs, a disabled toilet and wet room.
Rhyd Ddu village has a café and a real ale pub, both serving home cooked food and only 2 minutes' walk from the bunkhouse. Rhyd Ddu overlooks the stunning lakes of Llyn y Gadair, Llyn y Dywarchen and Llyn Cwellyn. Two major footpaths up Snowdon, the Rhyd Ddu path and the Snowdon Ranger path, start in the village and there are family-friendly woodland and countryside walks within very easy reach.
Guided outdoor activities and catering packages can be organised by the Centre. The Welsh Highland Railway, the UK's longest heritage railway, has a station 200 yds from the bunkhouse. Rhyd Ddu bunkhouse is centrally located in Snowdonia within easy reach of Llanberis, Bangor, Caernarfon, Beddgelert and Porthmadog, Your group will have sole use of the bunkhouse during your stay including the grounds, free car park, secure drying room and storage areas.
Beds & Rooms:30: 1x12, 4x4, 1x2
Open:All year. All day. Check in from 4pm, check out by 11am.
Price per night:Exclusive hire from £400. Great weekend group rates. 4 nights for the price of 3 on off-peak midweek dates.
Booking:Book online, by phone or email.
Directions:In the village of Rhyd Ddu, on the A4085 between Beddgelert and Caernarfon. Post code: LL54 6TL. What 3 Words: https://w3w.co/chosen.truffles.dinner
- S4 bus from Caernarfon to Beddgelert and Pen-y-Pass stops in Rhyd Ddu village, ask for Cwellyn Arms stop. The bunkhouse is 200 yards from the Rhyd Ddu station on the Welsh Highland Railway, with heritage trains to Caernarfon and Beddgelert. Change at Beddgelert for Porthmadog.
- Long Distance Walks Snowdonia way Snowdonia Slate Trail Trans Euro Trail Cambrian Way
Mountains Close to a Pub Dog Friendly School Groups Dark Sky Areas Evening Meals Outdoor Education Centes Biker Friendly
This accommodation is available at the following peak timesAvailable February Half Term 2024 Available Easter 2024 Available August Bank Holiday 2023 Available October Half Term 2024
MapView Nearby Hostels
This is why walking groups are booking their holidays at Rhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre…
January 11th 2023
Walking groups are booking their holidays at the Rhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre for a variety of reasons. Here are just a few:
- Location: The centre is located in the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, providing easy access to a wide range of walking trails for all abilities.
- Accommodation: The centre offers a range of accommodation options, including private rooms, bunkhouses, and camping pitches, making it easy for walking groups to find a suitable option.
- On-site amenities: The centre has a fully equipped kitchen and common area, allowing groups to cook and socialize together.
- Experienced staff: The staff at the Rhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre are knowledgeable about the local area and are able to help plan and lead walking routes, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Variety of activities: In addition to walking, the centre also offers a range of other activities such as rock climbing and mountain biking, allowing groups to mix up their holiday and try new things.
Overall, the combination of location, accommodation, and activities makes the Rhyd Ddu Outdoor Centre an appealing choice for walking groups looking to explore the Welsh countryside.
On the foot of Snowdon Rhyd Ddu is perfect for those extra long group dog walks
February 24th 2020
Available to groups this hostel is right by the Snowdon horseshoe with paths up practically right outside the door.
A beautiful hostel with a rich history, namely that it is the birthplace of Thomas Parry-Williams. Available to groups only and dog friendly make it perfect for trips out family trips with four legged friends. Astounding views and comfortable accommodation await. Please note while dogs are welcome, but we ask that they not be brought into the bedrooms.