Plas Dolau Country House Hostel, Lovesgrove, Aberystwyth, SY23 3HP
Call Sam Bennett on 01970 617834
Country house hostel near AberystwythPlas Dolau is set in 25 acres of quiet countryside just 3 miles from the popular coastal town of Aberystwyth. Ideal for exploring West Wales, walking, cycling, riding, fishing and golf etc. and central for day trips to Snowdonia and Pembrokeshire. The warm country mansion (WTB 4 star hostel) has mainly dormitory style accommodation for up to 45 people. An adjoining Swedish style farmhouse (WTB 3 star guest house) can take another 15. Plas Dolau includes meeting rooms, dining rooms, games room, outdoor areas and walks. Various options for accommodation, provision of food, cooking facilities, etc are available. Ideally suited for youth groups, field courses, retreats, house parties and many other groups or individuals. WiFi is available to all from the guest house. Please feel free to phone to discuss your requirements.
Beds & Rooms:49: Main house: 45 (+cots). Farmhouse: 4
Open:All year. 24 hours.
Price per night:From £30 (inc b/fast) to £90 (private, en suite, full b/fast). From £700 whole mansion. From £450 half mansion.
Directions:GR 623 813, OS map 135. On the A44, 3 miles from Aberystwyth (1 mile east of railway bridge, 0.6 miles west of A4159 turning to Bow Street). Roadside sign: Plas Dolau B&B Y Gelli.
- Nearest train station is in Aberystwyth. Taxi from the station will cost £6-7. National Express coaches and local buses (525 and 526) will set down at the end of the hostel drive.
- Long Distance Walks Wales Coast Path Trans Euro Trail
Eco Hostels By the Sea Dog Friendly Individuals welcome En suite rooms Accommodation for Cyclists Breakfast Evening Meals Large Hostels Mid Wales & Welsh Borders
This accommodation is available at the following peak timesAvailable February Half Term 2024 Available Easter 2024
MapView Nearby Hostels
A base in the heart of beautiful Ceredigion.
January 27th 2022
Plas Dolau country hostel, near Aberystwyth, provides warm, comfortable accommodation with meals or self catering.
Plas Dolau country hostel, provides comfortable accommodation with half board, full board or self catering for groups of 10 to 30.
There is so much to do in the area such as
- Wildife walks along coastal paths. Look for seals, dolphins and choughs!
- Nearby, The Cambrian Mountains is a really wild area, some of the most scenic views being on The Hafod Estate, near Devil’s Bridge waterfall at the end of the Rheidol Valley Steam Railway from Aberystwyth.
- You can visit the Rheidol Hydro-electric Power Station and the Butterfly House.
- Mountain bikers enjoy extensive trails at Nant yr Arian. At Nant yr Arain, there are daily feeding which attracts up to 100 red kites and buzzards
- In Machynlleth, there is the Centre for Alternative Technology demonstrates the newest ways to harness wind, water and solar energy
- For culture we have films, concerts and opera, plays and exhibitions in the Aberystwyth University Arts Centre and the National Library has a world famous ancestor tracing centre.
A country house hostel not too far from the Wales Coast path
October 12th 2021
An ideal stopover for walkers in a grand country house setting but at hostel prices. Just 3 miles from Aberystwyth and the Wales Coast Path.
Plas Dolau Country House Hostel (rated 4* by the Welsh Tourist Board) sleeps 45 in the main building and 16 in the farmhouse and offers a variety of rooms at different prices. Perfect for both individuals, couples and groups of all sizes. Rooms range from the standard dorms to luxury private en suites. Self-cater or treat yourself to dinner, bed & breakfast.
January 8th 2019
Brian Shaefer-Dryer spent an afternoon and evening in Aberyswyth staying at Plas Dolou Country House Hostel. He found this seaside town full of interesting venues, great sea views and full of entertainment some even from the acrobatic displays of the local avian wildlife which all together added up to the perfect romantic getaway to Aberystwyth.Read More