Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of Garten, Inverness-shire, PH24 3BN
Call Andy or Rebecca on 01479 831 331
OverviewFraoch Lodge is a warm and welcoming Edwardian granite house in the highland village of Boat of Garten. Run by outdoor fans who have hosted walkers, cyclists and families for over 20 years, this is more than just a place to stay.
Andy and Rebecca will help you, or your group, organise a fantastic activity each day. You can ask for recommendations on the best places to walk/cycle or take an outdoor active guided tour. They know so many amazing places in the Cairngorms National Park (right on the doorstep) and can help you create an active Scottish Highlands break with the best value for money
Accommodation is in private twin/triple rooms, there is log burner in the lounge and space for drying and storing outdoor gear. A self catering kitchen is available or you can treat yourself to Rebecca's delicious home cooking. Froach Lodge welcomes exclusive use bookings of the whole hostel and also individual room bookings on selected dates. It is right on the Speyside Way.
Fraoch Lodge offers many facilities to ensure that your stay is warm, dry and very flexible.
Beds & Rooms:12: 6 x 2 or 3 bed rooms
Price per night:Rooms available from £45. Please enquire for whole hostel exclusive use price.
Directions:Follow signs for Boat of Garten from A95. We are at north end of village, opposite village green.
- Trains at Aviemore (5 miles away). Follow Speyside Way North to reach hostel on foot. Bus numbers 37 or X37 from Grantown on Spey and Inverness both stop in Boat of Garten. Hostel is 50m from bus stop at north end of village.
- Long Distance Walks Speyside Way
Hostels with log burners and open fires New to the Independent Hostels Network Mountains in the UK Accommodation for Cyclists Available to Individuals
MapView Nearby Hostels
Fantastic Highland hostel joins the IHUK network
December 9th 2021
Fraoch Lodge is a 5* family run hostel near Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park. It is ideally located for walkers, cyclists, wildlife enthusiasts. Enjoy a complimentary light breakfast. Eco friendly with an organic garden. Self-cater or treat your self to delicious home-made meals.
Just some of the reasons people flock to Fraoch Lodge. It is:
- on the edge of the Speyside Malt Whisky trail
- 30 min from Inverness, 40 min from Loch Ness
- 20 min from Loch Morlich beach;45 min from Findhorn beach
- 20 min drive from the winter climbing of the Northern Corries and Ski area.
- 2 mile walk from Loch Garten Osprey Centre
- 5 mile walk/cycle from Aviemore
- on the Strathspey Railway route
- on the Speyside Way (long distance walking route)
- Walking routes to suit all abilities
- 30 Munro’s (peaks over 3000ft) within 1 hour of driving
- 5 of Britain’s 6 highest peaks within the National Park
- Beautiful low level walking in the Caledonian pinewoods
- 10 min drive from Aviemore’s gear shops.
- Local pub, shops and mountain bike hire
- 100’s of miles of off road mountain biking tracks
- 45 mins from Laggan Wolftrax mountain bike trails
- Local cross country ski trails
- One of the best places for rare wildlife in the UK