Cell B, Park Square, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL41 3AD
Call Reception on 01766 832001
Blaenau Ffestiniog in the centre of SnowdoniaWe are changing our building to provide a self contained unit with 7 beds. There are two bedrooms sleeping 2 and 3 people in each and a sofa bed in the lounge. Stay in Blaenau Ffestiniog's historic Edwardian police house, converted to provide comfortable rooms. There is a small self-catering kitchen. Right in the centre of Snowdonia, Blaenau Ffestiniog is the perfect base for climbers, mountain bikers, walkers or those looking for great food, culture and attractions. For adrenaline junkies Zip World, Go Below, Antur Stiniog & Bounce Below are near by and there are great mountain bike trails at Coed y Brenin, Gwydr Forest, Penmachno and around Trawsfynydd Lake, including some family trails. If you are not an adrenaline junkie there is still plenty to do. Explore Llechwedd Slate Caverns, travel on the famous Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland narrow gauge railway, visit castles and beaches galore and the Portmeirion village or walk the Slate Trail.
This accommodation is featured on our map of Snowdonia and North Wales.
Beds & Rooms:7:1x2,1x3 (bunk style beds),sofa bed sleeping 2
Open:All year. All day
Price per night:From £120. Min 2 nights.
Booking:Minimum 2 nights
Directions:From A470 Blaenau Ffestiniog centre, turn onto Park Square and follow the road. CellB is the old police building on the left. There is parking behind.
- Bus 1B from Porthmadog. Trains from Llandudno Junction and Porthmadog (Ffestiniog Railway narrow gauge). Station/buses 5 mins' walk.
- Long Distance Walks Snowdonia Slate Trail Trans Euro Trail Cambrian Way
Mountains Close to a Pub Small Hostels Accommodation for Cyclists
This accommodation is available at the following peak timesAvailable for Christmas 2023 Available February Half Term 2024
MapView Nearby Hostels
Easter in prison? Not nearly as bad as it sounds.
February 7th 2023
When it comes to the renovation of interesting or quirky locations hostels often stand out. Cell B is a perfect example of this, once a historic Edwardian police house now a finely polished Hostel with facilities for every type of traveler. There’s even an independent cinema and bar!
Directly in the center of Snowdonia, Cell B is unique to say the least. The old police house has a rich history both last century and in more recent times. Owner Rhys Roberts transformed the building to a culturally significant hostel in which in 2017 held Trojan Records’ first official club tour in four decades. And of course the area around the hostel has tons of fun to be had. Be it on one of the fastest zip lines in Europe or to Bounce below where you can bounce on trampoline nets inside a cavern. For those wishing to make their own fun Snowdonia is renowned for mountain biking and climbing, and being a former police station the lock up for your equipment at Cell B is second to none. So lots of Easter madness, come join in.
Venture into Cell B for adrenaline packed outdoor experiences!
February 18th 2022
The perfect base for an adventurous holiday in Snowdonia.
Looking for great food, culture and adrenaline packed experiences right in the centre of Snowdonia? Well you”re looking in the right place!
With safe storage space for bikes and climbing gear, Cell B is the perfect base for walkers, climbers, and mountain bikers. And with all the thrill of Snowdonia’s vast and fascinating range of landscape right at your doorstep, you have a natural theme park at your fingertips! Here are some activites to wet your appetite.
- Snowdonia Mountain Walks: there are six routes to the top of Mount Snowdon. Llanberis path, Pyg Track, Miners’ Track, Watkin Path, Rhyd-Ddu Path or the Snowdon Ranger Path. They vary in difficulty meaning theres paths for people who want to challenge themselves and paths for people who want to take more leisurely scenic routes to the top.
- It is only a half our drive to some gorgeous beaches such as Harlech Beach. Harlech beach is dog friendly (with a small exception in front of a holiday park). Don’t forget to visit Harlech castle either! It is a Grade I-listed medieval fortification with a rich history.
- It wouldnt be a trip to snowdonia without visiting Zip World! It is a unique outdoor activity centre with huge zipwires across valleys and the biggest trampoline in the world inside a cave!
- Ffestiniog Railway. This railway streches over 40 miles through the glorious Snowdonia National park giving you stunning views from the comfort of a railway carriage.