Cell B, Park Square, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL41 3AD
Call Reception on 01766 832001
Blaenau Ffestiniog in the centre of SnowdoniaWe are changing our building to provide a self contained unit with 7 beds. There are two bedrooms sleeping 2 and 3 people in each and a sofa bed in the lounge. Stay in Blaenau Ffestiniog's historic Edwardian police house, converted to provide comfortable rooms. There is a small self-catering kitchen. Right in the centre of Snowdonia, Blaenau Ffestiniog is the perfect base for climbers, mountain bikers, walkers or those looking for great food, culture and attractions. For adrenaline junkies Zip World, Go Below, Antur Stiniog & Bounce Below are near by and there are great mountain bike trails at Coed y Brenin, Gwydr Forest, Penmachno and around Trawsfynydd Lake, including some family trails. If you are not an adrenaline junkie there is still plenty to do. Explore Llechwedd Slate Caverns, travel on the famous Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland narrow gauge railway, visit castles and beaches galore and the Portmeirion village or walk the Slate Trail.
Beds & Rooms:7:1x2,1x3 (bunk style beds),sofa bed sleeping 2
Open:All year. All day
Price per night:From £120. Min 2 nights.
Booking:Minimum 2 nights
Directions:From A470 Blaenau Ffestiniog centre, turn onto Park Square and follow the road. CellB is the old police building on the left. There is parking behind.
- Bus 1B from Porthmadog. Trains from Llandudno Junction and Porthmadog (Ffestiniog Railway narrow gauge). Station/buses 5 mins' walk.
- Long Distance Walks Trans Euro Trail Snowdonia Slate Trail Cambrian Way
Small Hostels Mountains in the UK Accommodation for Cyclists Dark Sky Areas
This accommodation is available at the following peak timesAvailable Autumn Half Term 2022 Available for Christmas 2022 Available New Year 2022 / 2023
MapView Nearby Hostels
Venture into Cell B for adrenaline packed outdoor experiences!
February 18th 2022
The perfect base for an adventurous holiday in Snowdonia.
Looking for great food, culture and adrenaline packed experiences right in the centre of Snowdonia? Well you”re looking in the right place!
With safe storage space for bikes and climbing gear, Cell B is the perfect base for walkers, climbers, and mountain bikers. And with all the thrill of Snowdonia’s vast and fascinating range of landscape right at your doorstep, you have a natural theme park at your fingertips! Here are some activites to wet your appetite.
- Snowdonia Mountain Walks: there are six routes to the top of Mount Snowdon. Llanberis path, Pyg Track, Miners’ Track, Watkin Path, Rhyd-Ddu Path or the Snowdon Ranger Path. They vary in difficulty meaning theres paths for people who want to challenge themselves and paths for people who want to take more leisurely scenic routes to the top.
- It is only a half our drive to some gorgeous beaches such as Harlech Beach. Harlech beach is dog friendly (with a small exception in front of a holiday park). Don’t forget to visit Harlech castle either! It is a Grade I-listed medieval fortification with a rich history.
- It wouldnt be a trip to snowdonia without visiting Zip World! It is a unique outdoor activity centre with huge zipwires across valleys and the biggest trampoline in the world inside a cave!
- Ffestiniog Railway. This railway streches over 40 miles through the glorious Snowdonia National park giving you stunning views from the comfort of a railway carriage.
CellB sleeping 7 in Blaenau Ffestiniog, at the centre of Snowdonia, is open this Winter
July 19th 2020
Cell B is now providing a self contained unit sleeping 7. The number of beds has been reduced due to Covid and is now ideal for single households or bubbles. Come stay in an historic Edwardian police house close to great food, culture and attractions. For adrenaline junkies Zip World, Go Below, Antur Stiniog & Bounce Below are near by and there are great mountain bike trails at Coed y Brenin, Gwydr Forest, Penmachno and around Trawsfynydd Lake, including some family trails. If you are not an adrenaline junkie there is still plenty to do. Explore Llechwedd Slate Caverns, travel on the famous Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland narrow gauge railway, visit castles and beaches galore and the Portmeirion village or walk the Slate Trail.
“Connecting culture, drink and snacks with art and accommodation.”
September 18th 2019
Hostel, bar, and cinema all under one roof.
Cell B’s website is suits their hostel perfectly! Modern, friendly, interactive… Offering vibrant, humorous information; artistic presentation; and photographs of their extensive range entertainment.