Caerhafod Lodge, Llanrhian, St Davids, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 5BD
Call Carolyn Rees on 01348 837859
Group accommodation on the Pembrokeshire CoastIdeally situated between the famous cathedral city of St Davids and the Irish ferry port of Fishguard, the Lodge overlooks the spectacular Pembrokeshire coastline. Within walking distance of the well known Sloop Inn at Porthgain and the internationally renowned Coastal Path. An ideal stopover for cyclists with The Celtic Trail cycle route passing the bottom of the drive. The Lodge is a great base for all outdoor activities: boat trips around Ramsey Island, coasteering, kayaking, surfing or just lazing on the beach. The lodge sleeps 23 in 5 separate rooms, all en suite with great showers. There is a modern fully equipped kitchen/diner with sea view patio & picnic tables and with a panoramic view from the Preseli mountains to Strumble Head and the North Bishop with glorious sunsets over the Irish sea. There is also a sitting room for cosy evenings, on-site washing/drying room and ample off road parking. Dogs welcome by prior arrangement. Smoking outdoors. Visit Wales graded 4 star.
Beds & Rooms:23: 3x4, 1x5, 1x6.
Open:All year. Check in from 5pm, check out 10.30 am. All day access.
Price per night:Adult £25. Under 16s £20. Min 2 nights. Sole use hire available.
Booking:Advised in high season. 50% deposit.
Directions:GR Landranger 157, SM 827 317. A40 from Haverfordwest, left at Letterston (B4331) to Mathry. Left onto A487 to St Davids, right in Croesgoch for Llanrhian, at crossroads right for Trefin. Lodge is on right after ½ mile.
- Trains at Fishguard (9m) and Haverfordwest (17m). Fishguard/Rosslare ferry. National Express: Haverfordwest. Haverfordwest-St Davids-Fishguard T11 bus 100yds from Lodge. Seasonal coastal shuttle bus service for walkers.
- Long Distance Walks Wales Coast Path Pembrokeshire Coast Path Trans Euro Trail
By the Sea Close to a Pub Dog Friendly Individuals welcome En suite rooms Dark Sky Areas Stag and Hens IHUK Signage
MapView Nearby Hostels
There is so much to explore on the Pembrokeshire Coast
February 9th 2022
Ideally situated between the famous cathedral city of St Davids and the Irish ferry port of Fishguard, the Lodge overlooks the spectacular Pembrokeshire coastline. You can literally see the sea from the front garden!
Caerhafod Lodge offers both individual stays £23 for adults and £18 for under 16s as well as exclusive group accommodation so you can have free reign of the whole lodge with your friends and family.
Caerhafod lodge is a great base for all types of holiday. There is plenty to do such as;
- Visit St Davids Cathedral. There has been a church on this site since the 6th century and daily worship has ensued for thousands of years. It is a beautiful cathetral and really worth a visit.
- The Wales Coastal Path runs past the hostel and there is a lot to explore along the route. Not only breath taking Welsh landscapes such as beaches and castles but there is also a lot to learn about Welsh culture, heritage and communities.
- Whitesands Bay takes its name from its glittering white sand. Perfect for a family day out, romantic walks along the beach or a swim in the sea.
Caerhaford lodge is open
May 22nd 2021
A break in Wales will soothe the soul and Caerhaford Lodge is the place to go. Keep things simple with superb accommodation in a great location.
Caerhafod Lodge has fabulous 180 degree sea views which you can enjoy from a choice of two patios. Watch the sun set as you eat your evening meal. This dog friendly, family friendly accommodation is an ideal base for exploring the North Pembrokeshire Coast. Enjoy the sand and sea in one of the many sandy coves or take part in coastal activities like surfing or coasteering. Stay on the farm and enjoy this quiet peaceful location or explore the nearby cathedral city of St Davids, the smallest city in the UK.