The Living Energy Barns, The Living Energy, Lower Cwmcadarn Farm, Velindre, LD30TB
A bunkhouse at the foot of the Black Mountains in the Brecon BeaconsThe Living Energy Barn (formally Cadarn Bunkhouse) is now two seasons old under its new owners. Self-catering is possible by arrangement.
Located on a hill top farm in the Black Mountains in the Brecon Beacons National Park, it surrounded by stunning panoramic views of the Black Mountains and the Wye Valley. There is direct access to the mountains and it is a perfect base for walking, dog walking, mountain biking and horse riding. The River Wye is near by for canoeing and water activity. Hay-on-Wye, famous for its bookshops and Brecon, a vibrant market town, are both 15-20 mins drive away. There are nearby shops in Talgarth and Glasbury. Further afield are Hereford and Abervagenny.
The bunkhouse sleeps 20 to 24. It has three rooms each containing 4/5 single beds and one room sleeping 8/9 in bunk beds. Free WiFi and use of the kitchen, dining room, leisure areas and grounds and gardens.
Accommodation for 7 people in the Spring Barn, which has three rooms. Two twin rooms, and one triple room with three single beds.
A self-catering cottage " Angel Cottage " has two en-suite bedrooms (a twin and a double). Also a kitchen, living room, dining room, outside decking area garden and BBQ. Free WIFI is available in the cottage and serves the site.
Whole site bookings are available sleeping 31 to 34 utilising both Barns and Angel Cottage.
All rooms are supplied with cotton linen and towels. Soaps and gels are provided in our showers.
Are BBQ area is also provided as well as a large recreation room.
Beds & Rooms:Bunkhouse 20/24: 3x4/5, 1x8. Spring Barn 7: 1x3, 2x2. Cottage 4: 2x2
Open:April to Nov & New Year
Price per night:Bunkhouse from £25. Spring Barn from £35. Cottage from £40 Special rates for sole use of whole site. B/fast: £10.50. Single occ. in Spring Barn £60 (room only). Discounts available for stays of 2+ nights based on party size.
Booking:Phone or email to discuss your requirements.
Directions:Sat Navs use LD3 0TB. In Felindre, turn by Three Horse Shoes pub, go past Tara B&B and up the hill, take first turn left onto gravel drive to bunkhouse. What three words starlight//remove/dragons. Or simply search The Living Energy Holidays on google maps.
- Train at Abergavenny and Hereford, both 25 miles. Taxi from Abergavenny, Stagecoach 39 from Hereford to Three Cocks (Old Barn Inn Stop)
- Long Distance Walks Lon Las Cymru Offas Dyke Path Wye Valley Walk
Mountains Close to a Pub Bunkhouses Individuals welcome En suite rooms Accommodation for Cyclists Horse B&B and Riding Holidays Dark Sky Areas Evening Meals Brecon Beacons & the Black Mountains Mid Wales & Welsh Borders
MapView Nearby Hostels
New Whole Site Booking for up to 34 people
August 10th 2023
Following some recent whole site bookings we are now offering our whole site for up to 34 people for £19 to £25 per person depending on numbers and length of stay in our new LIving Energy Bunkhouse, Spring Barn and Angel Cottage,
The accommodation we offer is:
• 23 beds in our Living Energy Barn (formally Cadarn Bunkhouse) which has four large rooms, three with five single beds and one room with four bunk beds;
• Seven beds in our Spring Barn which has two compact rooms with two single day beds, and one large room with three single beds; and
• Two bedroom luxury cottage with two ensuite bedrooms (one with two single beds and one with a standard double bed), large outside decking area, small garden and BBQ
We have found that guests are able to match personal needs with our differing facilities, so for example, the Cottage may be suitable for elderly or less mobile guests as it has easy access and is on one level. All of our rooms have linen and towels, heating and are independently lockable
In addition to our rooms we provide:
• Exclusive use of our commercial kitchen and dining room (hygiene rated 5) and large leisure room adjacent to the dining room, which is ideal for gatherings, group discussions etc
• Six showers are provided in secure facilities on the ground floor of our Spring Barn for male and female guests and one shower is a private unisex unit.
• Use of open areas, patio, balcony, outside dining facility, 26 acres of gardens and pasture land
• Use of mobile BBQ and designated BBQ area with seating and tables.
• In addition there is free WIFI across our site and ample free parking.
• The views from Lower Cwmcadarn Farm are outstanding and of course totally free.
Horse lovers will love this bunkhouse
February 15th 2023
Cadarn Bunkhouse is a must for horse riders who want to experience the joys of pony trekking in the Black Mountains.
The Bunkhouse offers surprisingly low-cost, comfortable self-catering accommodation (though breakfast is available on request) for 2-14 guests. It sits in the Brecon Beacons National Park and has 360 degree panoramic views from the Black Mountains to Wye Valley. There is direct access to the Black Mountains and 26 acres of garden and pasture to roam.
It is just a 5-minute walk to Tregoyd Mountain Riders where half or full-day rides can be organised for complete beginners to experienced riders. With fabulous walking from the doorstep, great canoeing in the Wye valley (and local canoe hire available) and the pretty market town of Hay on Wye famous for its book shops nearby there is something for everybody.