- This discussion is empty.
18/06/2017 at 12:51 #13301Independent Hostels UkParticipant
Arnside Independent Hostel
Location: Arnside, South Cumbria, UK
Permanent position, Attractive salary package, Live-in preferred
Approximate start date: ASAP (Training would be provided)
Arnside hostel has an exciting opportunity for an experienced or up and coming Hostel Manager for our small 65 bed hostel located in the village of Arnside on the edge of the Lake District National Park.
Our hostel provides traditional hostel accommodation for family and individual holiday goers as well as international travellers and we also welcome throughout the year various groups from cycling groups to schools and universities. Operating as a hostel since 1978 through the YHA and now as an independent family owned hostel since 2014, we are a growing, forward thinking business, striving to offer friendly and secure accommodation for all who pass through our doors.
Customer satisfaction is a core objective to us: We aim at developing a motivated front desk/housekeeping team to drive both revenue and engagement. We are looking for a suitable candidate to help move the business forward in Summer 2017 and beyond.
This position is fit for someone with experience in managing a similar establishment (minimum 2 years preferable but not essential). They must have the capability, enthusiasm and self-motivation to ensure the business is successful within our value proposition. They should possess clear communication skills and lead the team through proactive, hands on management.
An excellent candidate will:
• Demonstrate a systematic and diligent approach in seeking to exceed the business objectives on a daily-basis
• Administer and implement daily operational tasks and procedures efficiently to a high standard
• Ensure operational costs provide best value to the business and are maintained in line with budgets
• Ensure customer service and experience remains a core element of the business through focus and improvement, proactively reviewing and responding to customer feedback
• Help maximise accommodation and other revenue streams, developing the business both locally and nationally
• Supervise, motivate and lead front desk and housekeeping, always looking for continuous improvement
• Ensure building, furnishings and fixtures are well maintained/kept to as high a standard as possible, working with the directors in contributing to the vision for the ongoing renovation programme
• Candidates with catering experience will be a bonus, there is potential for growth in this area of the business
• Knowledge and experience of handling industry standard booking channels particularly Free to Book, ASSD & Booking.com would be advantageous
• Support delivery of our active events programme for the local community
• Role has previously been filled by a couple appointed to manager and team member roles, similar applicants welcome
• Effectively implement company policy and procedure in all its aspects
• As an employee, you will receive 10 Free hostel stays for you and up to 3 friends at hostels across England and Wales every year.
Full-time Permanent, 30-day holidays (including Statutory, to be taken out of season), Pension, Attractive Salary Package, with live-in accommodation.
UK/EU work authorization (or British Citizenship) are essential.
Send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on location at Arnside Hostel or remotely via Skype/facetime
- You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.