We have twinned our office toilet with one in Afghanistan!
The Toilet Twinning helps bring fresh water, sanitation and the information they need to be healthy to the poorest people on our planet. We have twinned our office toilet with one in Afghanistan. Toilet Twinning work in the poorest countries around the world to provide better sanitation because:
- 2.4 billion people don’t have somewhere safe and hygienic to go to the toilet. (WHO/Unicef)
- The lack of a loo makes women and girls a target for sexual attack as they go to the toilet in the open, late at night.
- Almost 1,000 children die every day from preventable diseases linked to dirty water and unsafe toilets. (UN)
- 663 million people live without safe water. (Unicef)
- Children worldwide miss 443 million school days each year because of dirty water and poor sanitation. (UN)
- Every year, women and girls spend 97 billion hours finding a place to go. (World Bank)
Have you twinned your toilet? We’d love to hear from you if you have!