Tyncornel Hostel sits in the remote upland region of Mid Wales, where the cry of the red kite is more common than the sound of the car. This is a land of rocky outcrops, forestry and meandering rivers; the Tywi being the best known, where you will experience a solitude almost impossible to find elsewhere in Wales, England or the UK.
- Ty’ncornel hostels is perfect for individuals, couples, family breaks and groups.
- You can also camp under our incredibly dark skies. Duke of Edinburgh’s Award participants are offered a concessionary camping rate.
- Ty’n Cornel sleeps 16 in two rooms of 8.
- It has a wood burning stoves for cosy, fireside evenings.
- Around the hostel in the Cambrian Mountains and across North and South Wales there is a wealth of things to do – walking and hiking on remote paths, cycling on quiet roads and forest tracks, star gazing in amazingly dark skies, exploring local places of interest or just enjoying a peaceful, tech free individual, group or family break.
- We’re proud to have 5 star Tripadvisor rating
- Why not browse our Gallery to get a taste of why people love staying at our unique hostels?
- Ty’n Cornel has a sister hostel, Dolgoch Hostel. In a similar remote location, it is a 9km walk away. Why not stay at both hostels and walk between them?