Low Mill Outdoor Centre, Station Road, Askrigg, Leyburn, North Yorkshire DL8 3HZ
Call Low Mill on 01969 650432
Group Accommodation in the Yorkshire DalesLow Mill Outdoor Centre, a not-for-profit charity, lies on the edge of the pretty village of Askrigg in Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales. With good access to many walks, cycle routes, rivers, climbs and caves it is the perfect base for all types of groups; schools, clubs and friend & family get-togethers.
The bunk rooms (mostly en suite) are on the ground floor. The Wing sleeps up to 14 while the Main Building sleeps up to 26. These can be booked together on an exclusive use basis for up to 40 people. Upstairs you’ll find the spacious communal area. There’s a large commercial kitchen and separate washing up room, large dining room, comfy lounge with open fire, TV/DVD plus a games room with pool and table tennis table. Centrally heated by a biomass boiler you are sure of a lovely warm building and hot showers waiting for you after a day's adventure.
Outside there’s parking for 15 cars and a wild garden with fire pit.
Beds & Rooms:40: Main Building: 26: 1x14, 1x6, 1x4, 1x2. The Wing: 14: 1x8, 1x4, 1x2.
Price per night:Whole Centre bookings only: W/E: 2 nights £2,500. Mid wk: 3 nights £3,000, 4 nights £3,500
Booking:Please e mail us at email@example.com for more information and to book.
Directions:From the A1. Take J51 & follow the A684 west towards Leyburn/Hawes. Past Leyburn, in the village of Wensley (opposite the 3 Horseshoes pub) turn right towards Preston Under Scar/ Carperby. Continue on this road for approx 15 km until you come to Askrigg. Drive through the village, past the church on the right. After a short distance you will see the Low Mill Centre and the car park entrance on the right. From M6. Take J37 and follow the A684 east to Sedbergh. Keep on the A684 for approx. 40 km until you arrive at Bainbridge. At Bainbridge turn left to Askrigg (you'll see the Rose and Crown immediately on your left). Follow this road for approx 500m until you come to a T-junction. Turn right, signed Askrigg and follow this road for approx 1.5km, pass the school, on your left and then on your left is Low Mill Centre.
- Neareast stations are: Garsdale (20 mins), Northallerton (51mins) & Oxenholme (55mins). There are bus services that pick up in Northallerton and Garsdale, to Askrigg, but you will need to plan your journey across a couple of bus routes. The relevant services are run by: The Little White Bus Co, Dales Bus & Proctors Coaches. Or use the local taxi service: James Peacock.
- Pennine Journey Trans Euro Trail Yorkshire Three Peaks Dales Way Pennine Way
Hostels with firepits and campfires School Groups Accessible to disabled people New to the Independent Hostels Network Accommodation for Cyclists Outdoor Education Centes
r Accessibility Info
Low Mill Outdoor Center is a not-for-profit charity whose mission is to enable children and young adults to experience the real outdoors. This is reflected in accessiblity features they have installed. ..Click for photos and more
MapView Nearby Hostels
Just the ticket for large groups. Superb hostel in the Yorkshire Dales
June 9th 2022
If you are looking warm, comfortable & affordable accommodation for groups of up to 40………look no further than Low Mill Outdoor Centre in Wensleydale. Situated on the edge of the picturesque village of Askrigg with with good access to many walks, rivers, climbs and caves, you won’t be short of things to do. The Pennine Way and Lady Anne’s Way are within a few miles.
In face L0w Mill Outdoor centre has everything you could wish for:
- Picturesque village setting
- A variety of bed rooms of different sizes, mostly en suite. All with sturdy wooden bunks with thick mattresses.
- A fab fully equipped commercial kitchen with separate dish wash area.
- Large table for group dining.
- A games area with pool table and table tennis
- Cosy sitting area with open fire, TV, DVD & board games
- Separate quiet room stocked with books
- Fully centrally heated with plenty of hot water
- Parking for 15 cars
- Wild Garden with fire pit
- Optional outdoor activities should be possible from 2023
- A choice of pubs, cafes within walking distance
Super accessiblity at this fab Yorkshire Centre
May 31st 2022
Low Mill Outdoor Center is a not-for-profit charity whose mission is to enable children and young adults to experience the real outdoors. This is reflected in accessiblity features they have installed.
Read on to discover what this super centre has installed to make it accessible to everyone.
The Centre has an accessible wetroom with WC and shower and separate accessible shower with wheelchair access.
There’s a lift between the bedrooms on the ground floor and the kitchen and all the communal areas on the first floor.
The lounge is split level and there’s wheelchair access to the raised TV area.
Finally you’ll find a fire escape chute leading from the first floor
If you need any more information about these and any other accessibilty matters please contact the Centre direct.