Broadrake Bunkbarn, Broadrake, Chapel-le-Dale, Ingleton, LA6 3AX
Call Mike & Rachel Benson on 01524 241357
At the foot of Whernside in the Yorkshire DalesA stunning location on a popular bridleway with far reaching views to Ribblehead, Park Fell and Ingleborough. This old agricultural building has been renovated to a very high standard with bedrooms, showers, toilets and drying room on the ground floor and an upstairs open-plan area with exposed beams, excellent kitchen facilities, dining area and seating area with large, comfortable sofas. A small resources room has a good selection of books, maps and games. There is free superfast fibre WiFi but limited mobile phone reception. The Dales High Way long distance path passes the door and the Pennine Journey LDP is just a field away, making it an ideal overnight stop. The Three Peaks can be walked from the door avoiding the crowds at Horton. Plenty of other walking, biking and caving opportunities in the area as well as the Ingleborough NNR across the valley and the limestone pavement of Scales Moor a short walk away. Broadrake is in a fantastic Dark Skies area too.
Beds & Rooms:20: 1x8, 2x4, 2x twin.
Open:All year. All day.
Price per night:Weekends: £975 for 2 nights sole use. Mid-week: £25pp or £395 a night sole use. £7pp bedding/towel hire.
Booking:Confirm availability by phone or email
Directions:From B6255 turn onto Philpin lane. Go through the farmyard and across 5 cattle grids for about 3/4 mile. Just before 6th cattle grid turn right onto unmade track, signposted Broadrake Bunkbarn.
- Ribblehead Station is about 2 miles away by footpaths. Free pick-up from/to the station may be possible by prior arrangement.
- Long Distance Walks Pennine Way Pennine Journey The Pennine Bridleway Land's End to John O Groats on foot LEJOG Land's End to John O'Groats by bike Dales Way Dales Highway Yorkshire Three Peaks Settle to Carlisle
Eco Hostels Mountains Close to a Pub Dog Friendly Luxury Bunkhouses Individuals welcome Retreats Walking Festivals
MapView Nearby Hostels
5 ways that Broadbrake Bunkbarn in Ingleton is eco-concious
July 15th 2022
The bunkhouse is an agricultural building which was converted and thus saved from falling into dis-repair. Here are five ways that they ensure their accommodations is as eco concious as possible
- A wood pellet boiler provides hot water and underfloor heating in the bunkbarn, as well as providing hot water in the adjacent farmhouse for heating and domestic use.
- There is sheeps’ wool insulation on all external first floor walls.
- The foul water treatment plant is fuelled by small wind turbines to circulate the waste, rather than electricity.
- All domestic waste is either recycled or composted in a wormery.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive by public transport with a free pick up service from the local station at Ribblehead Viaduct, or Ingleton Community Centre if using buses.
Postcard views over Ribblehead await
May 17th 2021
Broadrake Bunkbarn is now open for 6 people or two household. The Yorkshire Dales are prettier than ever, ready for ramblers and relaxers.
And what a treat for a post lockdown break. This beautifully converted barn has been fully restored to offer stylish and comfortable accommodation while maintaining historic roots. The remote and visually striking location has been well utilised for yoga retreats in the past, this should give you an idea of the calm atmosphere that will greet you on arrival. Getting out in the area you’ll find lots of well recommended walks and routes. The daring might be tempted by the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge, but there are more gentle walks available. The choice is all yours…